- Traditional options have not been able to truly reverse arthritis.
- The newest treatment with amniotic stem cells is showing excellent outcomes with significant advantages over its rivas.
- 29% incidence of pain
- Major complications occurred in 10% and minor complications in 39%
- Donor site complications include pain, nerve and artery injury, fracture, peritoneal perforation, sacroiliac joint instability, and herniation of abdominal contents through defects in the ilium.
- Advocates say this method has the most stem cells.
- While true initially, up to 80% of the fat graft dies within days.
- A newer method of adipose stem cell therapy is available call SVF which helps with cell viability.
- So why doesn’t everyone do that? It takes 6 hours and costs over twice as much and superiority has not be seen.
- No harvesting is necessary.
- No ethical concerns.
- No rejection — immunologically privileged.
- Over 75 growth factors present and contains anti-microbial elements.
- Procedures are fast.
- Properly processed fluid contains significant numbers of stem cells.